Has this ever happened to you?
- One of your printers quits just as you are trying to get a big report due to your stockholders.
- Someone from the print department in your office informs you that the “low on toner” message is blinking and you can’t complete the job.
- You experience periodic misfeeds and jams.
- You’re wondering why it costs so much to replace the cartridges on those “big box” store $200 printers that seemed like such a bargain when you first discovered them.
- Your bookkeeper comes to you and tells you that your printing costs keep going up.
- You want to be a more environmentally friendly company and feel that you’re missing the mark.
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these, you are a prime candidate for a Managed Print Services (MPS) solution for your printing woes.
Companies that instead rely on the “break/fix” model of generating documents – which is to say that they have a company they call to come in only when something goes wrong – often experience frustration, missed deadlines, and that nagging feeling that their costs to generate documents are higher than they should be.
The MPS solution allows a business to avoid the headaches associated with document generation, improve efficiencies, be more environmentally responsible, and save money.
Studies show that the average business or organization spends about 3% of its bottom line on document generation and associated costs. For a Chicago area manufacturer with annual revenues of $30,000,000, that’s more than $900,000 on this one line item. The commercial real estate office which does a brisk $10,000,000 in annual sales probably spends $300,000. And the startup business with projected annual revenues of $500,000 can expect to spend at least $15,000 on printing needs.
A Managed Print Services (MPS) solution can help most businesses and organizations save anywhere from 10% to 15% of their printing costs, and even more in some cases. For the manufacturer, that’s $135,000 in savings; for the commercial realtor, that is a $45,000 savings, and for the startup, that’s $2250 back into the company’s bottom line.
MPS begins with a discovery and analysis process of what machines are being used for which functions, and what software and other programs can be implemented to meet the unique print environment of the company. MPS looks at the cost-per-page of generating documents as opposed to the overall price point for the equipment. As a specific example, if you look at the cost of replacement cartridges for most “big box” desktop printers, your end result is that your per page cost of producing individual documents is five or ten times the cost it would be with a more efficient system. MPS can also take the headaches out of planning for replacement toner and dealing with misfeeds as a capable MPS partner will monitor your system and can help you avoid headaches before they become headaches.
And because an MPS system streamlines efficiencies, you will use less paper and that helps the environment.
You can expect to see these benefits from your MPS partner/provider:
- simple per-page cost model means predictable costs
- Better use of printers through analysis and consolidation
- Being certain that each device is used in the proper way
- Being certain that security measures are in place for your system
- Proactive monitoring of your print fleet
- On-call service
Businesses and organizations who have been wondering, “Is there an easier and better way to address my printing needs” should get in touch with us to learn more. Let’s talk. Email us, email@example.com.