If you’re experiencing manning issues, you’re not alone. According to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, even if all
unemployed people in the U.S. worked, there would still be over four million jobs left to fill1. With so many companies having this issue, along with the normal hustle and bustle of the modern workplace, being aware of strategies that increase the productivity of those employees you do have is vital.
- Take Regular Breaks - Research shows that taking breaks refreshes the mind, increases productivity, and produces more “aha moments.”2 It is important to take regular breaks throughout the day in order to give your mind a chance to rest and recharge.
- Streamline - Refine your processes by eliminating steps that don’t serve you
- Set Goals – According to statistics, by writing down your goals you’re 42% more likely to actually achieve them.3 Setting goals for yourself each day, and writing them down each day, is a great way to stay motivated and on track. Remember to make your goals SMART. Specific. Measurable. Attainable. Relevant. Time-Bound.
- Embrace Automation - Utilize automation software like FormedAI, DocMgt, and PaperCutMF to simplify regular and time-consuming tasks.
- Prioritize Tasks – Make a list of all the tasks you need to accomplish in a given day and rate each one by the level of importance.
- Get Organized – From software to good, old-fashioned labeling, getting organized allows you and your employees to find what is needed quickly and easily. Using services like Datamation to digitize your paper files makes it easier to find what you’re looking for quickly.
- Outsource IT – IT issues and downtime can cost precious work hours. But by outsourcing IT to Pulse Technology, we can ensure you’re up and running while keeping your data safe and secure.
- Limit Distractions – Set up times throughout your day that are focused on completing a single task in a set amount of time. This means no checking e-mails, answering calls, or checking your phone. Block out time as “Do Not Disturb,” and stick to it.
- Office Flow – Having the right technology is important but so is the right furniture and placement. Make your office functional and productive by placing what is needed close by and analyzing what isn’t working for you.
- Try Cloud Computing – Software like Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, and Lenovo AirStack can help you get work done across your devices, no matter where you are. This is especially necessary for team collaboration and remote working.
Being productive in the age of distraction can be challenging. But these 10 strategies, will help you increase productivity and simplify your workday.
Simplifying business is what Pulse Technology does best. With all the business solutions you need in one place, you can save time and money by eliminating a list of other vendors. If you’re interested in simplifying, contact us at PulseTechnology.com or at 888-357-4277.
1 “A look at the latest labor shortage statistics (and how to respond).” Farrugia, JD. 27 October 2022. https://workforce.com/news/a-look-at-the-latest-labor-shortage-statistics-and-how-to-respond
2 “The Science of Taking Breaks at Work to Help Boost Your Productivity.” Alammyan, Anangasha. 27 October 2022. https://www.anangsha.me/the-science-of-taking-breaks-at-work-to-help-boost-your-productivity/
3 “23 Writing Down Goals Statistics, Facts and Trends in 2022.” 18 October 2022. DreamMaker. https://dreammakerr.com/writing-down-goals-statistics/